On Star?

I just received a notice from On Star that the system in my 2004 Passat will terminate in December 2007. It is due to an Analog to Digital changeover. Has anyone else heard of this and is there anything I can do to solve the issue. Thanks, David

Reply to
D&LBusch

Analog communications are quickly going away. Verizon is discontinuing analog (got a letter the other day) in a few weeks, and basically that's life.

It is possible (not sure how likely) you may be able to upgrade to digital... But is it worth it? What value are you getting from your on-star system? Is it worth the expense?

Reply to
PeterD