Parts Interchangeability

I need to know what other years and/or models will fit a four door 1989 VW Jetta GL. I need the information for driver's side doors and front fender. Thanks.

Reply to
dianne gigler

Any 1985-1992 model Golf or GTI or Jetta for the fender. If your Jetta has a little rectangular badge in front of the door on the fender you might have to stick to a Jetta b/c the Golf and GTI probably won't have the holes that the badge snaps in to. (Or at least see how the badge is held on...maybe you can break off the back snap parts and just somehow 2-sided tape the badge to the new fender if you have to...a little ghetto but it might work.)

For the door, 1988-1992 (prior to 1988 will technically fit but the window is not the same) and you must choose a 2-door or 4-door model depending on what you have now b/c the doors are shorter on the 4-door model.

Reply to
Matt B.

"" wrote: > I need to know what other years and/or models will fit a four > door 1989 VW > Jetta GL. I need the information for driver's side doors and > front fender. > Thanks.

Dear Dianne:

The 1949 Beetle left inside door handle may fit, depending on the finish (like you have a choice). However, if you call or email any wrecker, they can tell you what is compatible. They have a book used just for that.

tbober

P.S. I like your name.

Reply to
tbober

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Bob Peters