Passat estate, suspension upgrade.

Hi I bought a used 99 model Passat 1.8T estate recently. Generally I like the car but when it hits dips on the back roads it seems very soft and it scrapes the road easily, front and back. The dampers may be a little weak but they're certainly not shot. Rather than just try new dampers would there be an uprated spring set available? All I can find are lowering springs which I don't want. I want standard ride height but a little firmer, not racing car. Would the SPORT model Passat springs be worth a try, or are they just the same.

Thanks

Al

Reply to
amoorcroft

the springs you noted would not be worth while but there are many aftermarket parts for any passat any year but most unfortunetly are overseas but i will reccomend ebay because i have 92 passat and found many cool and functuanal parts that are not that badly priced just always make sure that the part is proper for the car because the ad sometime's can be false and when u purchase it can be hard to get a refund etc shipping handling so buyer be aware . i hope this helps springs by the way don't always need to be volkswagon you can use what fits it is quite universal CHECK measurements and other specs and look for and good sport or higher end spring shock. i have a passat sedan and when at high speeds around corners the back wants to give out so i relate best things to try before such a big job are wider rims better tire shock factory shocks are awful on any volks older then 99 to soft. try small things first and then go from there chow for now and let me know how it works

Reply to
rolka2004