Passat Interior question

Anyone know how tough it is to swap out the bulbs that illuminate the vent louver controls in the B5 Passat? (Or, for that matter, what bulb is used?) Do the vents just pull out?

I'd really rather not pay someone to perform what seems to me ought to be a simple bulb swap.

Thanks in advance...

-- Jeff '02 Passat 4Motion Wagon

Reply to
Jeff

By swap out what do you mean? Some of the newer Passats don't have vent lights anymore! If you wish to add them it's a very easy job to do, just replace the vents with an older Passat and make your own wiring harness to connect everything together. That's about it and you will save paying someone unless you mess thing up.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Urlik

Thanks for the info. I feel confident now that I can at least pull the vent out without making a mess of the interior.

I think, though, that the job's gonna wait until the weather warms up a bit... : )