Tires for Passat GLX 4M? Suggestions Please

I need to replace the OEM Michelins on my 02 Passat Glx Wagon (4motion). Can't say that I got much mileage out of them, but I guess thats OEM ..... Now I am somewhat at a loss as to what to put on the car. Someone suggested Dunlop Sp Sport A2, but reviews I have read seem so-so. Any ideas and recommendations?

Also, I am thinking of going from the standard 205/55-16 to 215/55-16. Any thoughts on such a move?

In advance, many thanks!! Cheers, Chris

Reply to
ckuehn

I own a '99 A4 Avant (basically the same car) with the sports package (16x7 inch rims)

I'm running 225/50 - 16's and it runs fine AND looks great.

The tire I'm using is Continental ContiExtremeContact, which works well for my area (no snow) and plenty of rain.

Reply to
TTopper