Problem removing the door panel on a mk 3 2 door Golf CL

Hi all,

I've got an issue with the driver side door window....Basically, the glass has come away from the support and I need to tighten it back in place to enable it to close properly.

I have managed to loosen the panel itself, and have removed all visable screws and removable parts but the panel seems to be held on by the window winder.

How the hell do you remove the winder as there doesn't appear to be any clip or screw to remove it!?

Please help me as my bum is getting wet from the damp seat!!!

Many thanks!

Riles

Reply to
Riles

Yes, there is a clip. Look at the winder and you will see some sort of plastic "spacer" ring underneath. Push that ring sideways.

Reply to
draugaz

There should be a plastic piece on the window crank handle that can be pried off with a knife blade. Under it is a screw. At least that is the way it is for my '88 Cabbie. A Bentley service manual for your specific car would be helpful for this, or for other problems.

Reply to
Papa