[Q] 1995 Passat VR6 GLX - Throttling problem

Hello Water Boilers!

The other day I was driing on the freeway a noticed that the engine was slightly hesitating... nothing alarming but still a bit annoying... I accelerated and went away...

I left the car in the driveway for a few days and when I went to start the engine I heard a scary noise from the rear right side of the car.. and I said "Oh shit... not the fuel pump".

I paused a few seconds and then I started the engine and it started... but as soon as I wanted to rev it, it would run real bad... like it would choke or a cylender or 2 would not fire and a real strong smell of fuel would come out of the engine bay.

I left the car there and the day after when I went to start it, it would not make noise from the fuel pump but the same smell would still be there and the same problem with the engine would be there.

I know the problem is not coming from the fuel pump. Water in the line? Nope... I did put gas line. Injector? Wire? Plug? Something else... I dunno! The check engine is not coming on. All is fine except from this strong fuel smell and the engine feels like choking when you try to rev it...

Please help!

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to