finding 12V for trunk

Hello,

Where's the best place to pull 12V from if I wanna run a sub box in the trunk? I've only got a 200W amp, the fuse is rated at 25A. Is there anywhere back there to pull 12V from, or will I have to run a line up to the fuse box or battery?

Thanks,

Tazu

Reply to
Devin Pantess

Nothing back thee would handle that 25amp so you will need to run a power line.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Having done this before I can tell you that you will be far happier with the results by runing a heavy gauge wire all the way to the positive terminal on the battery. You can get your ground in the trunk by bolting to the body or a frame member. You will want a fuse at the battery end of the cable in case a short ever occurs.

Scott

Reply to
Scott