Radio replacement for 98 Jetta MKIII

What have people replaced the factory radio with? I have the upgraded radio in my wolfsburg and it has been giving me trouble of late (switching to tape for no reason, locking up for no reason). I have the 6 pack cd changer in the trunk and want to retain it but I was hoping to change to a newer radio. Any suggestions, comments advice is greatly appreciated. CB

Reply to
Chris Burns

If it's any consolation, mine has been doing the same thing and the tape mechanism continues to run after the key is off, too- it will kill the battery; if you cycle the power on the radio, it will stop but beware of the loud pop it makes through the speakers.

--TW No replacement yet.

Reply to
Tundra Wookie

I've got a Sony MP3/CD player in mine $462.5 :) It looks beautiful, just like my car. No problems with this one or the previous cheap cassette player stereo.

Reply to
Joe