Radio replacement for 87 300D?

Love my car but tired of every time the battery is disconnected the radio locks out and needs to be unlocked by dealer. Also speakers sound has deteriorated. CD player no longer works so I think it is about time to replace radio with a Am/Fm CD capable one. Any one have suggestions and where to get it reasonably?

Also wonder if this system uses preamps so if it is replaced do I need to rewire the system.

Reply to
DrB

I bought a nice JVC unit for less then $200 with an MP3 player. You wont need a CD Changer because one CD can hold 10 hours of MP3. For wiring and equipment, try

With best regards

Al

Reply to
Al Abbasi

I have a Nakamichi CD 400 that I got new on ebay for like $295. I like it a lot, but it seems to be hard to find nowadays (I got it like 4 months ago). I would run new, good wire, either way. The stock wire is crap.

Reply to
marlinspike