Re: 3M Protective Film?

I swear by it. Had it done at the dealer as the last thing before I drove my '00 GTI GLX off the lot in 11/99. They had a guy who only does that come in for it. Added usd200 to the total price. For Satin Silver it's hardly noticeable and takes wax very well. I've seen it on other, darker colored vehicles on the lots where it was noticeable but they probably weren't waxed very well. I had a regular bra on an earlier '95 Sport but some salty winter stuff got between the fabric and the paint surface and a bubble started. No such problems with the 3M.

"4Motion" wrote in news:evXJa.15159$ZE.6345@lakeread05:

Yeah, I was thinking if anything happened, I could get the car touched > up and detailed for less. It's possible the guy I talked to didn't > have a clue, because it took a while before he even knew what I was > talking about. That usually doesn't forecast a great installation job! > >> Hell i just got my car repained for under $1000 canadian >> >> > How much does the 3M film cost, as a ballpark? $100? $500? $1,000? >> > I'm >> being >> > quoted $1,000 but that sounds awfully high. I'm not sure it's worth >> > it > at >> > that price. > >
Reply to
joseph