Re: HELP, Where do you check and fill the auto transmission fluid in an 2000 early?

There is no dipstick, and it requires special fluid, and the use of 5051 scanner. Why do you ask?

Where do you check and fill the auto transmission fluid in an 2000 early > Passat V6?? > > I can't find a dip stick, only the drain on the bottom of the transmission > or is it the differential? > > Bob > >
Reply to
Woodchuck

I drained the oil from the hex plug on the bottom of the transmission(?) and I'm not sure if it is engine oil (feels like it) or transmission fluid(no odor).

Bob

transmission

Reply to
RAZ

Engine oil plug is a 19mm and trans plug is a 5mm Allen.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Maybe I'm too simple for this, but check your engine oil with the dipstick. If you're out of engine oil, you know what you got out of your car. If your low on oil but want to double check, fill oil and it should come of the hex plug hole. After that you could start worrying how to fill your transmission.

Reply to
Baudolino