Transmission Fluid in 97 Jetta?

So how do you check the fluid level? My 97 Jetta is slipping abit in 1st gear and before taking it in, I want to see if its low on fluid.

Thanks!!

Reply to
JB

NO dipstick, NO touch! The correct way is to a scanner that can monitor fluid temperature. You need a repair manual.

Reply to
Woodchuck

wc, is this the first year for the no dip slush tranny?

Reply to
Peter Parker

I think so, as 97 was a split year... but not sure.

Reply to
Woodchuck