Re: MK 4 Polo ignition switch prob.

I wouldn't find anything wrong either after seeing you post of "stealership"!

As I thought! It's at the main stealership at the moment but as usual in > these cases they can't find anything wrong with it! > > --Steve > > > Yes it is a known problem get the ignition switch replaced soon before it > > leaves her stranded, part costs about £18 from VW, fitting can be a bit > > involved as the steering wheel with air bag must be removed before you can > > replace the switch, if you try it yourself disconnect the battery so that > > you do not get an airbag warning light staying on, or worse one going off. > > > > John > > > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > My mothers 98 Polo seems to have developed a starting fault, sometimes > the > > > starter motor doesn't connect when you turn the key switch to the far > > right, > > > anyone know if this is a known issue? I seem to remember posts on this > > group > > > about a connection block on the steering column that can corrode giving > > the > > > same problem...? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > --Steve > > > > > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Woodchuck