Re: Universal Catalytic Converters

Found out it wasn't my cat. it's a stud broke off the Manifold to pipe flange! I think another mechanic did it when he changed that same gasket a month ago.

Air is escaping at the join though the gasket cause it's not clamped down hard enough by 3 studs.

Getting it fixed on Monday.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Steve

My Mechanic thinks my Cat is gone. It has 222,000 Orig kms and he thinks its > causing a strong exhaust smell when idling. > Anyway, what are Universal Catalytic Converters like? Will they do the job? > I know I have to get the O2 Sensor custom fitted in by my exhaust mechanic. > Are they crap?? Cheap?? > > Will this get rid of my exhaust smell? > What is the inlet/outlet diameter for the stock pipes/Cat?? > > Thanks. I just don't want to pay $200-300.00 for a stock Cat at the > dealership. > 1997 Golf K2, 1.8l, 8v. > > >
Reply to
VWGolf