Re: VW expensive to maintain?

You may want to take your car somewhere else! I own a 1995 VW Golf with

115,000 miles, the car runs better than new. One peice of advice I can give is that the engine light that comes on is routine within the car's computer. At certain miles or maintenance work the light will come on. Most people including myself at one time took the car in for check up and got hit with the fee. After speaking with VW Corporate Headquarters in Germany, they mentioned that 98% of the time the check engine light comes on, to consider it more like a reminder to check your engine and not that there is actually something wrong. Most dealers will not tell you this they will loose $$$. Since then I have pulled the fuse to that relay, close to 3 years now, the only issues I have had were, brakes (92,000 miles) and the A/C drain valve was clogged (113,000 miles). Remember German engineering is by far the best there is....
Reply to
VW-GHOST