Rear accent for NB?

Does anyone on here have the "rear accent" accessory for their New Beetle? The photos on VW's site don't really provide a good product view and I have not seen any around town.

If you have one, can you email me a photo of it? I'd like to see how it looks on the car (I'd get it in black/unpainted) and what areas of the rear it actually covers. I'd also like to know if you like it or not. ;)

Cheers,

-+JLS

Reply to
Seagull

I don't have a picture, but if you look at the rear of the car, the indentation around the reveresing lights is the area that is covered by the rear accent.

Pete Cressman

That's what I had figured, but I have a hard time visualizing how it ends up looking on the car. Meaning, I don't want to spend $190 and end up with something that makes the car look...funny.

It seems like it would be a good way to keep scratches from ruining the paint and aesthetics of the car...scratches in the black plastic would be less obnoxious.

Cheers,

-+JLS

Reply to
Seagull

It's a fairly scratch resistent plastic....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

||Pete Cressman wrote: ||> I don't have a picture, but if you look at the rear of the car, the ||> indentation around the reveresing lights is the area that is covered by the ||> rear accent. || ||That's what I had figured, but I have a hard time visualizing how it ||ends up looking on the car. Meaning, I don't want to spend $190 and ||end up with something that makes the car look...funny.

You drive a New Beetle, and you worry about it looking... funny? LOL

Rex, who is currently driving the wife's green NB Turbo.

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Okay...funnier. ;)