Retro fit Auto trans from 2000 Golf to 1996 Golf (2L)

Hello,

I am hoping that someone here may be able to assist me, we have installed a auto trans from a 2000 Golf GL into a 1996 Golf GL (2L) and find that the passenger driveshaft is about 1/2 - 3/4" too long. If you have any ideas or suggestions regarding another driveshaft from a different Golf / year etc., we'd appreciate hearing from you.

We have been told not to have the existing driveshaft shortened due to the risk of it not being able to be re-balanced.

Looking forward to any help you may be able to offer us.

Thanks, Ian.

Reply to
Ian

mk 4 golf wheel base difrend from a mk 3.

-- Out there Somewhere.

Reply to
Arrebeest

Reply to