96 Jetta Wiring---??????

96 Jetta GL 2.0 Anyone know what color the wire is that goes from the ignition switch to the dash that runs the gauges? gauges only work when they want to, all the blinkers flash at once when I hit the turn signal...Did a tune-up, checked fuses, replaced bulbs. Wiring diagrams I got at the library are no help...ANY INFO at this point would be good.
Reply to
jennyray

Closest I have is a Mitchell wiring diagram for an '88 Jetta, but wouldn't surprise me if it's the same. Black wire from terminal #15 of the ignition switch to terminal C7 on the instrument cluster. Even if the wire color changed between '88 and '96, it'll still be whatever color wire goes to pin #15 of the ignition switch, I believe circuit 15 is a DIN standard.

If all the normal indicator lights work, and the only thing that doesn't is the gas gauge and temp gauge, suspect the voltage stabilizer module on the back of the instrument cluster. Also check your ground wires, which should be brown (solid brown, no stripe).

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau