Secondary air pump problems

Hello,

I have a 97 Jetta 2.0L. The secondary airpump went (when I replaced it, it was full of water).

I've got a known good replacement but it won't power-up and keeps tripping an error code in the computer.

The maxifuse between the battery and firewall is good.

Is there a relay or solenoid? Anything else to check?

Thanks,

Reply to
Mark Wolfe

OK Why was it full of water???????

Yes there is a relay for it. IIRC it might be close to that fuse!

dave

Replace the combi valve as that's where the water comes from.

Reply to
Woodchuck