service reminderindicator

Can anyone help me figure out how to reset the service engine reminder? The display of OEL is for engine oil change, IN 01 for inspection service and IN02 is for inspection service with other operations. When one of these shows, how does a person reset it with out going to a dealer I have a 1995 Golf III. This my first time owning a VW.

thanks Augie

Reply to
augie

If you're sure there's nothing wrong with it.. I suggest taking the negative battery cable off for about 30 minutes to reset the ECM. That should take care of the problem. You'll have to reset your radio stations and the clock.. but it's a small price to pay. Hope this helps!

Reply to
LC

I did a real quick search on google.com and found:

dave

LOL! This is the worst advice I heard in a long time. Where the hell did all of these idiots come from in the last few months?

Try searching google, you are way better off. It justs down on wasted bandwidth too.

Reply to
Peter Parker