Shifted Into reverse without clutch

I have a 2000 VW Jetta, I went to back up from my driveway but I forgot to use the clutch when i tried shifting it into reverse. (Idk where my head was tbh)
The car stalled with a jerking motion. But when I went to start the car again, it wouldnt. I tried putting it in neutral, first, and reverse and in none of them would the car start. Any ideas??
Start? What do you mean? Is the starter cranking the engine and the jetta not running? Or is the starter not cranking? Try pulling on the E-brake, put the car in neural , push the clutch to the floor and then twist the key to the start position. Any information warnings being shown?