Usefull life of a 1.8T

I'm selling a '99 Passat wagon with a 1.8T and 5 speed.

It's got 211K miles on it and I'm just wondering what the useful life of the 1.8T engine is provided the oil and timing belt are appropriately maintained.

I'm selling it at what I think is an aggressive price of $1250 as it's due for a timing belt, needs the catalytic converter welded back on to the flange that attaches it to the turbo. It's also got one ripped CV joint boot and the other leaks because the inner clamp is loose and needs to be replaced.

Reply to
Jack Lowry