How to extend the life of my 93 GXE

Now that I've got my timing belt and water pump replaced, along with the other things in that region... I'm wondering what else I can do to extend the life of my 93GXE.

It's at 130K and I'd like to take it to twice that many miles.

I change the oil and filter every 3000. I polish and wax is quarterly. I shampoo the carpets regularly. It looks great.

It's been a few years since I had the tranny flushed, but I'll get that done after the first of year sometime.

What else can I do to extend the life of my max? Clean the throttle body? What else breaks down eventually?

Matt

Reply to
Matt G
8-10k miles for oil change, synthetics... Tranny 2-30kmiles depending on conditions. Check tranny data
Change all fluids also: brake, (clutch?), pwrsteering. For other extensions see all the other pages...
Reply to
Wiikinki

Since it's been some time since your trany fluid change, I wonder if you'd be better off with a drain and fill rather than a flush.

CD

Reply to
Codifus