vag com

What are the advantages in Vag Com 3 that works with non oem adapater/plugs/cables and the Newsest version of Vagcom which only works with there plug/connector? I mean do they both do the same funtion and have all the updates right? what is differnt and would it affect me? I have a

1996 Jetta GL. The Registred version they sell is $99 and works with anyone after market vag, the other version is a lot more

Any Ideas?

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

The way it's supposed to work is you download and test to make sure it works then register (pay for) the software. Also as I recall the version 3 untill it's registered has some features disabled. The newer vag-com adapters work on any computer, not just the one you've registered it on. The later adapters also work with CAN interfaces. One big advantage is support. Also the lastest version works with most/some OBDII cars, like my 96 jeep charokee (not offically supported). As far as your 96 jetta goes ver 3 should work. I used ver 3, registerd, on my 9.5 jetta tdi untill generic OBDII support came out that gives me more versitlity.

Joe

Reply to
Jo Bo