VW 88 FOX Brasil smog" test only"

Went today for my "test only" smogtest and naturally I flunked.I had bad readings in the 0 to 15 miles test but the high speed test was O.K. what causes this? and further more a car wil run in the low speed range only about 15 % So now I have to go to repair station wat will they do reset the timing and how will they adjust the feul injector.??I still think it is as crazy like all the folks that run for governor Another thing the car shut of when the test person wanted to move it and he could not restart it. Then I used the old trick of pressing the gaspedal to the floor and it started .I only figured this would work with the old caburators style motor not with feulinjection. Ame I wrong???

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

Seems like it is running rich at idle. Could be due to many different things like; poor tune up defective cold start valve incorrect adjustment of CO faulty fuel injector seals causing incorrect adjustment of CO faulty 02 sensor or wiring for 02 sensor gas fouled oil and the list could go on and on

dave