Daytona '90 front wheel bearing

Could somebody help me?

I have problem reaching the bearing from front wheel of a '90 Daytona. I removed the brakes, disk, the big nut and I am stuck...

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated...

Virgil - Mississauga Ontario

Reply to
Virgil

You need to buy a medium size 3-jaw gear puller to press the axle stub out of the bearing hub (some people would advise a hammer and block of wood, but I much prefer a proper gear puller - probably $20-35 at an auto parts store - a good investment for the DIY'ers tool box). There are bolts (probably 3) on the back side of the steering knuckle holding the bearing and hub assembly to the steering knuckle) - remove those bolts and carefully use a hammer and/or screwdriver to push/pry the bearing/hub assembly out of the steering knuckle (some penetrating oil wouldn't hurt - sometimes they're tight, sometimes they almost fall out). Careful not to damage CV joint boots.

Use a torque wrench to the proper setting to put that big nut back on.

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic