VW Golf Parts Help!

I have a Golf model GLX 1997 (made in Mexico) and I need to find a rubber part that is used on the Gear Shift mechanism. It is a rubber at the size and shabe of a golf ball with a hole in the middle. I know it is a weird way to describe it, but the translation from the VW draw is something like Reverse Axle (the rubber ball comes together with an axle) and it goes at the end of the gear shift mechanism.

I would appreciate any good sould that could share with me some experience on: where to find VW mechanical parts or drawings of exploded views so it would be easier to find the right name of this item.

Regards,

Dante Mantovani snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.br

Reply to
Mantovani

Hi, Sorry, can't help with the name or a drawing, the exploded diagram for my '90 looks different from your description. For exploded diagrams, do you have the "Bentley" manual for your car? Published by Robert Bentley. Step by step diagnosis, setup, and repairs.

-T> I would appreciate any good sould that could share with me some

Reply to
tonyw

Not 100% sure but it sounds to me like you might be talking about the reverse gear guide. You know the mysterious thing that makes you have to push your gear stick down to get it to go into reverse. Based on what you have described and the list of parts my part supplier has (only lisiting for GL model but I'm sure they are simular) this is what makes sense to me. What other job would a rubber ball with a single hole thru it have. By the way the part if it is what you need runs about $7.00 Cdn. so it would be worth the chance to find out. Are you in Canada? If so ask your parts store to check with Altrom, they carry the part as describe and by that name. they can ask for a quick visual description to verified it matchs what you have (clean it up good, alot of VW rubber parts do have a part number on it somewhere). Good luck hopoe this helps.