VW Radios

Hi there, I'm looking at adding an aux to my factory stereo in a 2000 VW Golf. Just had a question about the locking mechanism with the factory stereos. If i remove it and put it back, do i have to reprogram it? I'm assuming I reprogram the car computer?

Hung

Reply to
HT

LOL you just need to enter the radio code. If you don't have the radio code get the serial number off the body of the radio & take that along with your VIN to the dealer & they can get it for you.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

You enter it through the number buttons on the front of the radio.

Reply to
Craig

If it's like my older radio, you hold down scan and seek a second or two. Display reads SAFE and then 1000. Poke the first channel button to change the high digit if necessary. Poke the second channel button whatever number of times is needed to make the display show the correct digit for that one, and so forth.

When the right code displays, again hold down scan and seek a second or two.

Reply to
Tom's VR6