I want to reset my 2.0 ECU...

I've recently bought a 2.0 Cabrio and I want to reset their ECU. What is the procedure to do that safley? Do I have to dis/reconnect the battery and run it on idle for 10 minutes?

Gustavo.

Reply to
El Tao.

What year and why do you want to reset it?

Reply to
Woodchuck

MFG date: 03-1996 Canadian Market. I want to reset it, due the the repairings done in the admission line, and i want to 'delete' the driving parameters of the previous owner.

T.-

"Woodchuck" escribió en el mensaje news:3fa81ec8$0$35840$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.city-net.com...

Reply to
El Tao.

Any ECU adaptation takes place in about 25 miles so don't think anything is left from the past owner. But just encase you want to play and then just disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and then it will start at home base all over.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I'm lost on this.

What exactly does resetting the ECU do, and should I do this on the Cabrio I bought my wife last Saturday...?

I have a moderately heavy foot and find that the 2.0 is wanting, and would like to figure out what to do to get it breathing better.

Every is in stock trim as of this writing.

William

Reply to
William