W/S Wiper problem 99 Passat

A few days ago, my wipers began ignoring the position of the switch and just stay on for as long as they like. Intermittent is the same as on, however fast is still fast. They turn off, eventually, but in odd locations. Rarely do they turn off in the "off" position. Furthermore, they come on whenever the car is started and I have to keep activating them until they pick an off position that doesn't obscure my view.

Has anyone else experienced something similar, and what was the solution?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Reply to
Al

It almost sounds like the wiper switch is shorting out and causing this problem. I would think that this is the only possible component to cause such an issue, because it directly controls the speed, power and time delay of the wipers...

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman