Was there an A2 wagon with a diesel engine?

I like the 92 jetta sedan I have; would like a wagon more. Want a diesel - were they made in those years with that engine, and if so, when looking for/at one, what should I be aware of?

Reply to
jtaylor

I believe you are out of luck. There were diesel B1 wagons (Dasher) and B2s (only a diesel '85 Quantum wagon). The next diesel wagon was a B4 Passat in 1996-1998. However, the first diesel Jetta wagon was in 2002, I think. But that would obviously be an A4. All this information pertains to the USA. Throw my answer out the window if you are in another country.

-Bryan

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton

The ECOdiesel Jetta's of 91 and 92 were scarce too. Only 750 sold in

91 and 47 in 92! TEMiller

jtaylor wrote:

Reply to
Corrado Daddy

Yep. There were Mk3 Golf wagons in Europe. But never a factory Mk2 wagon anywhere.

Reply to
Matt B.