Wax polish recomendation

Hi. I live on the coast. My poor old Golf soaks up the salty sea air. Can anyone recomend a seriously tough and resistant wax polish for the paintwork. Cheers ... Tony

Reply to
tonyelkins

You have a couple of better options than just carnuba which tends to melt in the heat and requires reapplication after a month in the summer heat. If the finish is decent and not weathered you could go with a synthetic sealer like Mezema or LiquidGlass. I would first clay the entire car using a detail clay then apply. The clay bar will remove any thing that bonds to the paint and will make the car feel very smooth. Now you polish before applying the wax. The polish will regloss the paint and the sealer will protect it. I've used LiquidGlass on my 95 since new and it totally resists bird droppings, road salt, etc. Its relatively easy to apply by hand or with a Porter Cable Orbital and lasts a long time. Mezema is also good as is Klasse - both sealers but they require a lot of preprep to get the finish perfect before sealing. If you want the lowdown on everything out there go to

which carries everything and they give some excellent advice as well.

Reply to
stim141

I've had good luck with Klasse All in One.

Reply to
Gen Buck Turgidson