Paintwork Issuie

Hi

I am using Turtle Wax Extrem Car Shampoo to wash my old Rover 600. This leaves some unbelievable smears on the car. On my Scenic though , it come sup a treat. I have washed the rover several times with less and less turtle wax in it (half a cap per gallon bucket at the moment) and it still happens.

The streaking appears to be too much soap. Will this caus elong term damage to the paintwork and how can I get rid of all the residues on the car before trying one last time.

Reply to
Big Brian

That's because you're supposed to use a chamois leather to dry it as any fule nose.

Reply to
Conor

I am

the Scenic comes up a treat . This is like a residue left on the painwork. Im beginning to think if the factory next to where I work has dumped aload of crud out its chimneys again. They did that in mid 90`s and every vehicle in the carpark got coverd, Had to be decontaminated , but the laquer on a lot of cars disappeared within a year

Reply to
Big Brian

Washing-Up Liquid should get rid of most residue, including any car wax

- if it gets grease off plates etc..

FWIW for the last few years I've never had a problem with Meguiars car shampoo, it's cheap enough and doesn't seem to leave any residue whether I dry the car after or not.

cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Hutchings

Just spoke to a colleague and he has same proble. A call to a few other son my shift met with the usual "Sont wash me car" to "Its all that crud from next door"

Will try a good hand wash with gallons of wtaer and drying off before a thorough waash with a new buakcet and different shampoo

Reply to
Big Brian

That's not a good idea because it contains salt!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Oh no, not you. You'd better not go for another drive until April or May, then.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

How are you washing the car? Wet the car with a hose, wash a panel a time and rinse off , continue until the whole car is washed, then dry off with a chamois....

Reply to
Avanti

petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 14 Nov 2005 11:23:13 -0800:

And?

Reply to
David Taylor

It'll be fine once in a while to strip off any wax and stuff like that, I certainly wouldn't suggest using it in place of car shampoo though :-)

cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Hutchings

I am washing a panel at a time. Its like a very sticky silicon type gel stuck all over the car. It just wont come of. You wash and it shows badly , then when it drys it leaves smears

Reply to
Big Brian

Then if you are diluting the mixture in a bucket of water 1st, then I would change brands or type of car shampoo, I have tried all sorts and ended up back with good old Autoglym, I find the finish better than the cheap Zymol and Meguiars. Haven't used Turtlewax extreme or Turtlewax products for some years now...

Reply to
Avanti