What is the best manual transmission oil to use?

What is the best transmission oil to use or does it make a difference. I am talking about New England weather cold in the winter warm in the summer, or does it make a difference?

Reply to
AlanH70

What VW recommends is synthetic and I think it's 75/90

Reply to
Woodchuck

Well I suggest what VW recommends for your transmission.

We don't know if it is manual or automatic, in a 1969 Beetle or a 2004 Jetta.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Depends on the car and tranny. I can tell you that I've always used Redline MTL in my 020. Fairly pricey, but I've never had any complaints.

Reply to
Kent

I second the motion. Have been using them for almost 20 years; this synthetic oil is especially good in the winter, when the car is still cold. I noticed it's good for the trans syncro. You will not find the oil in your corner store but they have a web site and they're friendly on the phone.

Tony