WHAT IS WITH JETTAS?

Heh. 3.85/10.

Reply to
Darryl

Still don't understand the previous post, do you?

I'll help you out -- the word you are trying to use is spelled "loser".

Looser: Slack, not tight-fitting, free, not firmly packed, etc.

Loser:

  1. A person or team that has failed to win a particular contest.

  1. Somebody who is unsuccessful or unlucky and seems destined to fail repeatedly.

  2. Somebody who is unable or unwilling to adjust to society.

Number 2 would seem to be your match, as you tried twice (and failed twice) to spell.

Reply to
Jaime

Reply to
Becker

Reply to
Becker

I knew you needed help but didn't know how to ask. Remember, it's not your fault; axis 2 personality disorders rarely are. ;)

Reply to
Darryl

Yeah. And primates levitate from my posterior orifice.

Reply to
Randolph

Doing 55 on a near-empty freeway was quite safe, and I was quite in control of the car. The woman who hit me was driving normally untill she got up next to me and apparantly realized her exit was coming up. You may think that you're telepathic, but that's a gift I simply don't have. There's no possible way to anticipate someone suddenly slamming the gas pedal. Hopefully, you'll suffer an accident like mine in one of the Hondas you love so much. I'm willing to bet you won't come out so well.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Reply to
Becker

Reply to
Becker

Reply to
Becker

You know, if you had come in without being stupid or insulting and said this, it would've passed. There's nothing wrong with a personal preference. My only note (CR aside) is that 2 of Honda's 3 biggest selling models had major engine and transmission related problems between 1998 and 2001. And that the all new

2003 Accord doesn't seem to be immune from the "new model jitters". Wether the average VW actually has more or less problems than the average Honda, I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that no one makes a perfect car, and in my eyes, a VW is only marginally less reliable than a Honda, if at all. Any differences in long-term reliability are offset (at least in my mind) by the average higher quality of the VW interior and the better (IMHO) VW drive. The Passat was Edmund's favorite mid-sized car untill a few weeks ago, when they ranked it 5th in a comparison with several other models, but guess what? In the article, the wrote that the VW still has the best interior and the best steering feedback, and that the vast majority of the test drivers would choose it over anything else, including the Accord, for their personal use.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

[x] Send pics.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

How much pride do you get out of being the complete asshole that you are? I mean really...

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Becker

I find most of the Honda Acura product to be boring and incapable of making me want one. The new Accord is just another ho-hum Honda with a 240Hp engine. The RSX, TSX, CL Type S, S2000 and NSX represent the best that Honda/Acura has to offer. The RSX is overpriced, the TSX can't hold a candle to the IS300, the CL Type S can easily be bested by a G35, the S2000 pales in comparison to the upcoming Lotus Elise, and the NSX is an overpriced semi-exotic that can be bested by a Boxster S for $20k or more less. Meanwhile, despite what you and many Honda owners want to think, they're far from perfect. Engine, transmission, and trim problems have been the norm for thousands of Honda owners since 1998, and everyone (except the disgruntled owners) happily ignores it.

My grandmother and one of my uncles both have I35s. My grandfather and another uncle both each owned at least 4 Q45s. The only thing that made those cars "special" was the fantastic level of quality service that the dealers gave. When dealer service began to fall, my uncle and grandfather quickly realized that the Q45 was little more than a bloated wannabe in the large luxury market, and dumped them. The I35 gives reasonable performance for the dollar, but both my grandmother and my uncle (who are Infiniti loyalists) would tell you that they're little more than glorified Maximas. In fact, both of them will probably move to a BMW, MB, or Audi inside the next 1-2 years. The G35 is a fairly impressive car, the automatic sedan can do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. But speed isn't everything, and the IS300, 330i, and A4 3.0 Quattro are all more developed cars than the G35 is.

Volvo builds a very nice car, but they're expensive and become painfully expensive to service outside the warranty period.

Toyota is the single company I've never heard anyone complain about. At least in terms of quality control. My mother has had a Previa AllTrac S/C minivan and now owns a Lexus, and my father is driving a 4Runner. All have been fantastic. I'd reccomend a Toyota product to anyone.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Pete Cressman

From rec.autos.makkers.honda Postings made on Jan 5 and 6

Accord Oil leak CRV Fire Accord No colant Integra Defogger Switch Non Functioning Warped Rotors Oil Overfill Accord Idle Accord Rattle Accord No Start Accord Trunk Leak Accord Engine Light CRV Transmission Problem

Thats out of 25 articles posted. Yep NG's are a perfect place to get information on reliability.

Reply to
robert Jones

Postings jan5-6:

Intermittent Starting Problem No Reverse light on 2001 Jetta Golf A3 Seats

92 Jetta Turbo Diesel cold starting issues intermittent power Dead Battery Question... Run away Idle on 85 Golf (GTI) 1999 Passat 1.8T Timing Belt Golf 4, 17k miles, synth oil ready? 1999 Passat Wagon Misc. Spring 1999 Passat 1.8T triptronic question 2000 Passat Battery 1985 project jetta Second Opinion: Passat 99 Throttle Valve sensor Brake lights constant on Clutch question Need Help on Codes Reprogramming with new battery VW Golf Mk1 not starting after jumping another car 89 Jetta cold-start noise cd changer in 96 cabrio? 92 Jetta Project Car Coolant Flanges 2001 1.8T Jetta Overrevs (2100 rpm) on idle after warm restart
Reply to
Becker

Many of the questions are wear-related; and related to sourcing replacement parts from newer models. Others aren't about reliability at all.

Almost 20 years old when it shows a problem. (easy fix)

just curiosity

_PROJECT_ car

just curious

lost codes

e.g. Q: why won't my 20-year-old car start?

e.g. Q:

building a car from junk? :-)

e.g. Q: can my 15-year old car use parts from newer ones?

When somebody posts in other car newsgroups asking how to remove the ashtray, does that get counted as a reliability issue?

Reply to
Bernd Felsche