What makes the idleing surge & sit at 25K ?

It's winter here and when I start up the 87 Vanagan the idling surges fast and slowly and sometimes idles at 25K until I warm her up. Then it usually settles down after a half hour or so... but I can tell there's still an idling abnormality as it's just a little faster than normal.

What is making that happen?

Thanks.

Reply to
highcastle

What kind of jet engine do you have in that thing. I don't know of ANY internal combustion engines, save for the small R/C types, that will even run, let alone idle, at 25,000RPM (=25K)!

Perhaps 2.5K?

DLG

Reply to
DLGlos

A typo, so thanks for your help anyhow!

Reply to
highcastle

Probably your throttle position switch is stuck open, possibly due to a sticky throttle cable. Happened to me b-4

Reply to
Mcarroll>NOSPA