whining 87 A2 Golf

Ihave this funny noise sort of a whistly whine quite high pitched seems to be from the front passenger side of the car belt drive side It kicks in around 2700 revs and usually dissapears around 3200 although lately it just gets quieter but is still there after 3200 Could this be from the water pump which Iam told is on its way out due to a leak? With the hood open no can pinpoint where it is, the belts seem to be OK ?Would the alternator start to make this kind of noise if it too was going?

any help as usual would be appreciated

thanks everyone

Michael

Reply to
mkl1

In my opinion sir it seams to me that you have not enough rohipnol in you unsuspecting victims drink and they have woken up as you try to laeve, so I would recommended you put two tablets in.

Thank Hope this helps in you endeavours

Reply to
fullopiss

Bearings in your Alternator. You can drive like that for years. However, once it starts getting really loud, I would get it replaced.

Reply to
Peter Parker