Why are VWs so overpriced?

So Bob, why would someone as intelligent as you waste his time reading the ramblings of us slack jawed idiots? Seems like an intellectual giant like you would have something better to do?

As opposed to the price of every other car, which has gone down?

Reply to
Tony Bad

The "2" indicates that it is an MPV....(Multi Purpose Vehicle)

Reply to
Peter Cressman

LOL. Comparing an A4 or 3-series to a Passat is just silly.

Reply to
93 Fox

Reply to
Ricardo Canas

I agree on this one, but I'd buy Infiniti before a BMW or Vovo. Audi is not on my list.

Reply to
Tom Resi

"German work ethic "

That's a joke. Germany has the slackest work ethic of any industrialized nation:

93 Fox

Um the A4 and the Passat are identical vehicles. They are built on the same platform.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Slovakia.

Reply to
4Motion

Slovakia is in the ex- Czechoslovakia Slovenia is in the ex- Yugoslavia which one are we talking about?

4Moti> Slovakia.
Reply to
Tom Resi

Why? Because the Passat is bigger? Because its AWD version has a stronger engine than the A4 or 3-series base models? Because its top engine is more powerful than the Audi or BMW (except their extremely high-priced S/M incarnations)?

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

Why would you equate a lot of free time with a lack of work ethic? You must be envious!

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

The Touareg and the Porsche Cayenne are built in Bratislava, Slovakia.

Reply to
4Motion

The Cayenne is then finished in Leipzig, Germany; however, the Touareg is built entirely in Bratislava.

Reply to
4Motion

Do you know what this "finishing" might include?

4Moti> The Cayenne is then finished in Leipzig, Germany; however, the Touareg is
Reply to
Tom Resi

Not so. They are always trying to cut down the amount of time they have to spend at work, but during whatever amount of time that is, they WORK.

Reply to
Jonathan Ball

The dollar has also declined over the last few years to the Euro, making European goods more expensive to Americans. If that hasn't already affected the price of VWs it soon will. I don't know what the exchange is currently, but a few years ago is was about 80 Euro cents to the dollar, and I know its been up to 1.20 to the dollar last year. I've heard that the Bush administration is encouraging that trend in order to boost our economy (making our goods and services less expensive to Europeans).

dean.

Reply to
Dino

Reply to
lcopps

Reply to
lcopps

Reply to
lcopps

I was wrong in saying "finished" in Leipzig. This article

says that the Cayenne is actually assembled in Leipzig. The body parts and engine are stamped and built in Bratislava, then shipped to Leipzig and put together there.

Thanks for calling me on that...I wouldn't have looked it up otherwise and learned the facts.

Reply to
4Motion