wiring of power door locks in 96 cabrio?

Anyone have a schematic online somewhere of how the power locks are wired in a 96 cabrio?

I'm specifically looking for whether I can use an aftermarket system that uses either positive or ground activation. That is, detecting using two signals, either as 'going high' or being pulled to ground, one lead each for lock and unlock.

From what I've checked thus far, the switch on the dashboard seems to pull one lead either to 12v or to ground to unlock or lock the system. That's not exactly what I'm after. I'm wondering if this wiring is 'upstream' of the factory alarm system. And whether there's some other circuit 'downstream' of it that reacts in the way this system needs.

Thanks,

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Better yet, where's the alarm module located? Supposedly I can pickup the green and gray wires from there to handle this task, instead of from the dash switch.

Thanks,

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney