Worn brake warning light, how soon should it be fixed?

The "worn front brake pads warning light" just popped on on my 2000 VW Beetle 1.8t tonight. How soon do I need to have my brake pads replaced after that light comes on? Do I need to stop driving the car until I get it fixed or can I drive a few more days until I have time to bring it in?

Reply to
Gary D

You should be fine for a few days. I would expect a few weeks. It might be stretching it to go a few months however.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan