Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW Customer Service - still awful
Previously I brought up the issue of my Onstar service being terminated in my 2004 Passat. Opinions about its usefullness aside - I like the service. I wrote a letter to VW complaining about the fact...
5
5

unhooking locklatch from 92 Chev Cavalier???
I am trying to take off the door panel. The book says to use a small screwdriver to unhook the locking mechanism from the latch. What does that mechanism look like? And is it near the lip, or the far...

caliper bushing
Hi, I have an 01 Jetta automatic. On the left front disc brake caliper, the bushing where the glide pin screws into just spins, it seems to hold but I'm not comfortable with this. Is this part sold...
12
12

TDI?
What are your experiences with a TDI? I recently got a new job and am looking to purchase a new, or used car to replace my 2002 Hyundai accent. I am looking for something good on gas (I will be...
6
6

1995 jetta stalls randomly
I think the 95 Jetta 2.0l only has one fuel pump enclosed in a plastic case attached to the sending unit sitting inside of the fuel tank.
5
5

Audi same symprtoms
My clutch needs the assistance of my foot to raise the pedal off of the floor. Can anyone tell me where to check the fluid on my 1985 Audi 4000s quattro? I've purchased manuals but they don't cover my...
4
4

Air Conditioner pressure switch problem
I just had a new air conditioning unit installed in my 1990 Westfalia and I was told by the mechanic he couldn't get the pressure switch part for the VW any more and had to use two different switches...

1993 Jetta Tachometer RPM "Surge"
What causes the tachometer RPMs to "surge" higher when changing gears from 2 to 3 while depressing the gas pedal? Doesn't happen all the time.
2
2

GOLF 1992-3 temperature sensor PROBLEM
I am located in Greece I have 1992-3 Golf 1.4 litr engine and I had to replace the temperature sensor/sender. The old part is number 257919501A (with yellow collar) Went to the dealer this morning and...
3
3

GOLF MKIV wiith ABS help -changing brake fluid
HI I have a 1999 GOLF mkIV 1.6 petrol with ABS. I know how to change brake fluid with older standard cars. But mine golf has ABS. Can I change the brake fluid like I do with older cars.? I just get...
1
1

Golf MK2 For Sale
For sale: Golf Mk2 1.6 Driver, H Reg, metallic Blue, beautiful car, daily driver, 120k miles, starts 1st time, no oil leaks, no water leaks, new front tyres, new electrical bits (distributor, leads...

'95 Golf Cabrio -- Speedometer erratic, deceleration & radio on without key
'95 Golf Cabrio -- Speedometer erratic, deceleration & radio on without key I have a '95 Golf Cabrio -- the Speedometer often can become erratic (it'll fly way up and then go way down -- while I am...
2
2

Buying the right starter
Hello, I need a new starter, but I'm not sure which one to buy. On the yellow sticker under the hood, it says engine type 1.8V6FAAX . I assume this is 1.8L, but there still seem to be a couple of...
6
6

96 jetta 2.0 manual trans Odometer/speedometer problem
does not work.. moved the cables and connectors and got it to work but failed again. Cleaned the connectors on the tyranny. Does anyone know what grounds need to be cleaned. If I drive the car and...

Ignition and silicone lubricant spray
I have this "3-in-one Professional" brand silicone spray lubricant. I have not quite figured out, is this a conductor or an insulator of electricity? I know it can be used to protect and coat...
9
9