02 suburban tires and wheels

i need some more advise. if i install 285/50-20 on my 02 suburban, will i lose ride comfort? according to a tire converter i will have a .88 mph change in my speedometer. if im going 65 with stock, i will be going 64.12
with the 285's. i dont want to lose ride comfort, i can get the computer reprogrammed for the tire size change.
i really appreciate everyone help on this newsgroup.
thank you,
Troy

Troy, with a tire that size, I am guess (a little out of my are of expertise) that would would lose some as the tire will have a very short side wall. Also, it may (would) increase the chance at damaging your rim on a hard impact.
thank you for your opinion, its greatly appreciated.
Troy

I do not think diameter is going to be a issue but clearance when turning may well be because of much wider tread area and like other poster said a highly increased chance of rim damage from curb or pothole impact.
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:02:31 -0400, "Troy Nemes"

TheSnoMan.com
Troy Nemes wrote:

It will ride MUCH harsher and you will likely damage a few rims if you hit potholes, curbs or any other small bumps. The short sidewalls and heavy vehicle weight both work against you.
--
Steve W.

you will also waste a lot of money. old john
Hello, Steve! You wrote on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:49:47 -0400:
SW> Troy Nemes wrote: ??>> i need some more advise. if i install 285/50-20 on my 02 suburban, ??>> will i lose ride comfort? according to a tire converter i will have a ??>> .88 mph change in my speedometer. if im going 65 with stock, i will ??>> be going 64.12 with the 285's. i dont want to lose ride comfort, i ??>> can get the computer reprogrammed for the tire size change. ??>> ??>> i really appreciate everyone help on this newsgroup. ??>> ??>> thank you, ??>> ??>> Troy ??>> SW> It will ride MUCH harsher and you will likely damage a few rims if you SW> hit potholes, curbs or any other small bumps. The short sidewalls and SW> heavy vehicle weight both work against you.
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
hey guys,
thanks again for your input. i really appreciate it. i have been told that if i go a 18" wheel i should be ok, since there will be more tire on the sidewall. what is your opinion on this?
Troy

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:02:55 -0400, "Troy Nemes"

A smaller diameter rim with a 60 or better sidewall profile would help some. Below is a link to a axle ratio/tire size calculator. The tires size function does not currently support 20 inch rims but 19 and under does work.
http://www.snoman.com/HTML/axlecalc_5a.html ----------------- TheSnoMan.com