1985 Chev 305 No Spark

Page 3 of 3

Definitely an easily overlooked cause.

Rare but possible.

Grounding the secondary won't hurt a thing, but then there will be no spark observed anyway (no gap), open circuit on the secondary is absolutely a bad idea.

No fuse on the coil feed other than the fuse links down by the starter, but since it cranks, ruled out.
aarcuda69062 wrote:

I meant to say.. Never check for Spark by holding the ignition wire next to a ground

There is an ignition Fuse in the BOX
--
It Doesnot Take Brains To
Get A High Paying Job!

Well, okay, if it's humid enough, the 'holdee' might get a bit of a jolt. Other than that, I see no ill effects.

Circuit #39, pink wire(s) with a black tracer, basically any accessory circuit that goes live with the key in "on" or "accessory." It does NOT feed the ignition coil.