88 305 no power

Occasionally, while driving on the highway truck all of a sudden has no power at all. Pushing down on the pedal and there is no response at all. Take my foot off for a few seconds and then everything is ok. Check engine light comes on when this happens, doesnt stall. Happens when truck is cold and hot. Can be fine for a week and then happens again. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor 6 months ago. changed fuel pump, coil, ignition module.

Reply to
rayyronn

"rayyronn" wrote: > Occasionally, while driving on the highway truck all of a > sudden has no > power at all. Pushing down on the pedal and there is no > response at > all. Take my foot off for a few seconds and then everything is > ok. > Check engine light comes on when this happens, doesnt stall. > Happens > when truck is cold and hot. Can be fine for a week and then > happens > again. > New plugs, wires, cap, rotor 6 months ago. > changed fuel pump, coil, ignition module.

Have you checked/changed the fuel filter?

Reply to
SnoMan

Fuel filter was changed about 3-4 months ago.

Reply to
rayyronn

put ascanner on it and monitor TPS

sounds like it's getting flakey

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Not so sure about this, I think a fuel pressure check might be in order here. (before and after regulator)

Reply to
SnoMan

Since you say the check engine light comes on, what codes have set? They might not be the exact cause, but will point you in the right direction

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I believe the problem was the ignition module. Truck stalled and would not start. I removed the dist cap and found a loose connection at ignition module. I went for a quick drive and so far everything seems to be okay.

Reply to
rayyronn

How many miles are on the motor? Floating Valves?

-- Log

Reply to
Log

Has a rebuilt motor that was put in about 5-6 years ago.

Reply to
rayyronn