85 K-5 Blazer

Have a 85 k-5 Blazer,Replaced carb,,, Quard junk... Broke kickdown cable for tranny,, replaced cable..now problem is it shifts two times and then goes
into netrual... Slow down and goes into gear again.. Is it the kickdown cable or not ajusted right or bigger problems??? Working on it out side ,, very cold out there,, took a break and thought I would ask before I go back out tomorrow.. Thanks for any help Sparkie