93 Jimmy smoke problems

Sometimes when i start my car, puffs of white smoke come out. I have heard a few different things about. How it could possibly be condensation and gasoline. Or it could be a head gasget going bad. But i really don't know.

Reply to
JimmyVortex

If it stops after a puff than I would say more likely a valve not seating properly, if it runs fine dont worry about it. If it overheats then be concerned about a blown head gasket.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Valve stem seals.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

when i got the truck, it had a tune up. So i guess it was what you said about the valve. I've had it for a month, and i have had no overheating problems. By the way, do you know anything about transmissions?

Reply to
JimmyVortex

henry is right, valve stem seals. oil leaks past the valve stems seals when setting and that oil goes into the cylinder and burns when you first start the truck. you could run forever unless it gets a lot worse. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

What do you want to know about them, I can try to honestly answer your question, I wont answer if I dont know about the problem you asking.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

is there any way i could fix it. or should i just wait it out and hope it doesn't go bad

Reply to
JimmyVortex

I was wondering what are some signs of a bad transmission. Or one about to go bad. I dont really know much about trucks, just trying to find out some facts. I don't really have a specific question for it.

Reply to
JimmyVortex