ABS pump going out??

Can some one tell me what the symptoms of an ABS pump going out are? My 95' k2500 is acting up. Sometimes when I'm at a slow speed like 10-20 mph and I apply the brake, I hear the pump and feel it in the pedal. I just put new pads/shoes on it about 2 months ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
douchebag

The ABS should not engage at all under conditions anything like that. Are you sure it's the ABS controller engaging and making niose?

Reply to
Augustus

Isnt the ABS computer in the ABS module?

On another note, mine is dead. is this a factory repair or is DIY possible? Im wondering how to bleed this thing.

Cheers

95 too.
Reply to
Martin Riddle

I'm not sure that's its the ABS but I can feel it in the pedal and it stops when I release the brake. Its only happened about 3 times in 2 months. The first few times I had the radio on and couldn't hear what it was but last night I was stopping with nothing on and heard it good. Its not very loud but definitely a small motor type sound. Thanks!!

Reply to
douchebag

Thought there was a recall or bulletin on the ABS units on the '95's. When we had a '95 Yukon, it did this a few times between 5 and 10 MPH and one time it caused me to bump the back of a vehicle! It would not stop, just kept pumping!!! Check this angle out before spending a chunk of change....

Reply to
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I didn't even think to look for a TSB.

Reply to
douchebag

It sounds like you have one of two common problems. When you replaced the brake pads you may have damaged the ABS sensor without knowing it. It may have gotten bumped just enough to change the distance or location of the sensor in relation to the tone wheel in the hub. OR you may have rust build up under the sensor. Pull the tire off and remove the ABS sensor from the front hub. Use a stiff wire brush to clean the rust off and sand the area smooth. Then spray a LIGHT coat of paint over the area (plug the hole the sensor goes in and the bolt holes as well)to stop the rust. Reinstall the ABS sensor and test it.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve. I'll give that a shot.

Reply to