95 Millenia abs pump

A previously mysterious faint noise has now expressed itself as a loud, short whine. The shop where I have work done on the car says it is probably the abs pump that is going bad. The noise occurs after having been stopped, ignition off, and then restarting - but only after engaging forward or reverse and moving 5 feet or so.

Anyone else experience this? Ideas of cost? I am ready to sell the car and want to know if I should let the new owner deal with it or not. Mechanic says total failure would make the abs inoperative but not trash all braking. Cost?

Anyone in the NYC area interested in buying this vehicle?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Levine