Aftermarket Hoods for Chevy Trucks

Page 1 of 2
I'm swapping trucks, getting rid of my 01 Chevy Silverado and getting a new one. I did a number of exterior mods to my 01 including adding a Goodmark steel 2" cowl riser hood. The hood was very good quality and
was delivered in perfect shape. However after it was installed I wasn't completely happy with the fit. There was a bit to much gap along the sides where it meets the fenders for me.
I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my new truck, 04 2500HD this time. Does anyone have any experience with the fit and finish of any after market steel hoods?
There is someone selling Chassis Tech (never heard of them before) hoods on eBay cheap! A new Goodmark hood is $500+ by the time I get it and these Chassis Tech hoods are like $300. Anyone have any experience with Goodmark, Chassis Tech, Reflexxtions, or any other aftermarket hoods for Chevy trucks? Quality? price? fit? Best place to buy them?
Thanks
Why, is there something WRONG with the stock one. F*ing hint, hint!!
Aftermarket china steel is aftermarket china steel. Probably made it smaller than necessary to make "sure" it wouldn't damage your fenders...
GMC Gremlin (p.s. i think you wont find one that fits right... unless you buy it from gm)

Yes, as a matter of fact there is something WRONG with the stock hood, it sucks! The boaring DA designers at GM have been sitting on the fat A's and getting kicked by Dodge. Chevy offers no cool sport appearance package like the Hemi sport package or the Bumble Bee package. Although I am a GM fan and am trying to stay with their product I want something that looks good. GM forces their customers to spend tons of money to get a decent looking sport package.
Don't tell me, . . . you are one of the loosers GM designers. Must be. Pull your head out will you.
GMC Gremlin wrote:

No, I am one of those losers who bought a CAR when I wanted something sporty. I bought a truck to pull stumps and go camping. What else would you use a TRUCK for?
GMC Gremlin

"GMC Gremlin" wrote:

Ummm..... Tailgate parties.
Yeah bud I am a loser that bought a CAR too...I have a few of those; but I use my truck to tow my stump grinder and chipper. (oh and my truck is also my mall crawler on weekends too)!!!!!

Tailgate parties kick ass. Spring is almost here..........

Um spring is here. Hitting mid 60's in Idaho. We should be low 30's

I've still got snow here, so I'm enjoying my sled... probably go out sometime today..... but I am excited about spring - can't wait to pull the soft top off my K5!
GMC Gremlin

Stock hoods blow man.....my cowl hood looks pretty damn good if you ask me and yes it's chinese steel but I really don't give a sh*t. the price was right and I am happy. and I can live with the 1/8 +/- inch more gap at the sides. simply put........my K5 is badass and it's still turning heads.... just my .02
Rob

Your a retard that has an apparent inferiority complex that drives you to spend money on vehicle that is going to depreciate more everytime you put cheap crap on it retard

OOH, such big words and perfect english. What the hell do you care about how much after market shit he puts on his truck? There are guys that buy a new truck and drive straight to the joint to get new tires and wheels or running boards, or a lift kit. Its nobody's business but theirs. Its their money. I wish I could afford a new hood. I think he asked a legitimate question.

your right I'm sorry. I was secretly describing myself ; )
--
Big country
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4

Stick with the Goodmarks. Best I've seen so far. NEVER get a Fiberglass one, from anyone... crack city.
HDS
Thanks for your suggestion. The Goodmark on my 01 is ok, I just don't like the gap between it and the fenders. I have heard from several people that the fiberglass hoods really suck (cracks). Have you seen any hoods other than the Goodmark? I have been told there are at least two other manufactures Chassis Tech and Reflecxxtion. Have you seen hoods by either of these manufactures installed?
Thanks for a meaningful responce.
HDS wrote:

Not exactly responsive to your query, but have you considered an aftermarket scoop. I've seen some that really look good and you have the best of both worlds because the hood still fits. H
Ya, I loked into scoops but I just don't think they look as good. The single piece steel hoods look great and last a long time.
Thanks for the thought.
"Rocketman" wrote:

I havent heard of Reflexxtions or Goodmark hoods before. Chassis Tech makes some very good lift and drop kits. I dont know how good their hoods are. A magazine like Sport Truck or Truckin will give you some other hood options. Im looking at a magazine and $300 is lower than most of the hoods in here. You could also check out Unlimited Power Induction Hoods@ UP22.com. As for performance packages, its cheaper to buy the parts and install them yourself anyway. It also gives you a chance to customize your ride to fit your likes. I actually like the way the Ford F150 Lightning looks. You dont see me running to go buy one. That is because I know that Fords are electrical fires waiting to happen. Ford builds Ford Tough fire hazzards. GM builds durable vehicles. Dodge, I dont know, I have never owned one. I do agree with you that Chevy could build some sportier trucks. Some people like me just prefer to build their own performance trucks. If I still had my non Xtreme 99 S10, I would be putting in the 383sb Im working on. Anyway, I hope the non-opinions help.
Thanks for a thoughtful responce!
I'm with you on Fords. I had a number of problems with the few that I owned many, many years ago. Most of the problems were electrical and the dealers could never fix them. I wrote to Ford and got the finger back. I haven't owned one in over 20 years and won't buy another, ever (with the possible exception of the Mustang GT-R, if they ever build it).
I like doing some customizing but it would be cheaper if I could order it from Chevy the way I like it. GM would also make more on it. You can order options like tires, radios, etc... why not hoods, visors, etc....
Anyway, the quality of the GM product keeps me here. I don't know much about Dodge either but their engineers aren't just sitting on their ass. Everyone in the auto industry is following them, multiple doors in trucks, mini van, the Pacifica, the retro thing with the PT cruiser, and on and on. I just wish GM would get with the program. I'm sick of Dodge thinking of it and Chevy taking 2 - 4 years to copy it. I was VERY close to buying Dodge this last time.
Thanks,